Easy poolside entertaining
March 25, 2016
Summer days by the pool call for delicious, nutritious snacks that are quick to prepare and keep pool-goers fuelled and hydrated so that they can enjoy some serious pool-time fun.
And with the temperature soaring you don’t want to be chained to the stove prepping food all day in a hot kitchen. You want easy and satisfying snacks to keep you outside making a splash with your guests.
Thankfully summer snacks require little to no preparation and many can be prepared the night before. Just remember to have appropriate food covers so that your pool party food doesn’t go bad in the sun.
Following are some easy, fail-proof recipes to ensure your guests don’t go hungry and your pool party is a success.
Swimming and pool games can work up quite a thirst. Keep your swimmers sustained with this easy smoothie recipe.
· Fruit of your choice – try bananas, berries, mango or peaches. Freeze beforehand for added refreshment
· Yoghurt or ice-cream
· Protein powder for added goodness!
Blend and serve in colourful durable drink ware.
When you think of summer and the warmer weather, images of juicy pieces of fruit often come to mind. Keep your guests satisfied and hydrated with these easy yet tasty fruit skewers.
· Selection of fruits such as watermelon, honeydew melon, rockmelon, strawberries, banana and grapes
Chop fruit into bite-sized pieces and feed onto skewers. Serve!
Chopped vegetables with dips
Vegetable sticks are an easy food to prepare, store and snack on by the pool, and provide a healthy alternative to store bought chips and crackers.
· Selection of vegetables including carrots, cucumbers, capsicum, broccoli and celery
· Dips such as humous, tatziki or guacamole – either store bought or home made.
Chop vegetables into stick or bite-sized pieces. Serve on platters to be eaten with dips or on their own.